It's easy! Grab a "Teen Menu" (for students in grades 6-12) at your local branch and get started today. For each menu item you choose to complete, receive a scratch ticket good for instant prizes like candy or gift cards. It gets better, as tickets are also entered into a grand prize drawing at the end of the summer. You could be the lucky winner of a functional sextant or telescope. The more items you complete, the better your chances to win!ke candy or gift cards.
You may complete each item as many times as you would like for more chances to win!
- Read a sci-fi book from the 1940s-80s.
- Help out your teen staff with a program.
- Trade book recommendations with a friend, then read their book.
- Read a sci-fi book that was made into a movie or TV series.
- Read a book outside.
- Listen to an audiobook.
- Read a book about space or astronomy (Fiction or Non-Fiction).
- Watch a documentary about space.
- Design your very own space station. Bring it in and show it to us!
- Design a constellation. Counts as two if you include a mythology.
- Read the second book in a series.
- Read or watch an item from a library display.
- Read a picture book about space.
- Read a comic about space.
- Attend a library program.
- Complete an independent program in the teen zone.
- Review a book you loved! (Look for the form in the teen zone or fill one out here)