You can now check out and take home a Chromebook laptop from Eagle Valley Libraries! Chromebooks are a faster, simpler and more secure laptop computer. Use it to surf the web, sign up for healthcare, apply for jobs, complete assignments, pay bills, and connect with friends and family.
- Chromebooks are available for a 1 week checkout period.
How to Use a Chromebook
- Sign in with your Google account, or as a guest by selecting the Browse as Guest option.
- Connect your Chromebook to the internet using these steps.
- Once you log out, none of your personal data can be accessed by other users.
- Visit the Chromebook website for more information on how to get the most out of a Chromebook.
- Files stored on each Chromebook are automatically deleted when the device is powered off, the session is ended, or the lid is closed. We strongly recommend using a USB flash drive or cloud storage like Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox to store your files.
How Chrome Apps Work
- Apps allow you to create and share documents, edit photos, listen to music, and much more.
- You can find thousands of apps in the Chrome Web Store.
- Unlike software on a traditional computer, apps install in seconds, load instantly, and update automatically.