Spark Studio is located in the Eagle Public Library. The studio is open during library hours and closes 30 minutes before the library closes. Walk-ins welcome and reservations recommended.
- To make a reservation call 970-328-8800
- Things to Know
Reimagine the library as a space to create!
Welcome to the Eagle Valley Library District’s Spark Studio, a makerspace designed for learning, exploring, and creating.
Experiential learning, or learning by doing, is what this makerspace and tools are all about. Generally, we want you to try and figure things out on your own through trial and error, watching video tutorials, and reading what others have tried. If you are all out of options though, have tried these tools and are still completely stuck, we will do our best to get you over that hurdle. Please sign our Release Waiver and read our disclaimer.
The Really Important Stuff!
The only exceptions to our philosophy of experiential learning is with using the 3D Printer and Laser Cutter. We ask that you participate in an initial training session prior to use. Request a training session today!
- Children 5 to 14 may only be in the room with an adult who has agreed to be responsible for the child.
- Minors 15-17 may use the room alone if their parent or guardian has signed the Spark Studio Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement.
What We Have!
There is no charge to use the computers or other equipment but there are charges for actual materials used:
- Donation based printing for PLA (basic filament)
- Other (non-PLA) filament is $.10 priced per gram and the price is on the box
- 4x6 - $1.25
- 5x7 - $1.75
- 8x10 - $4.00
- 8.5x11 - $4.75
- 2 gigabyte - $5.00
- 8 gigabyte - $10.00
Thermal Laminating Sleeve:
- 8.5x11 - $.15