The Eagle Valley Library District is breaking ground on an exciting building project!
The Eagle Public Library is undergoing a renovation and expansion that is currently projected to be completed in the fall of 2019. With the expanded space on two stories, there will be something for everyone. Children and their families will enjoy a dedicated area for interactive play and storytimes; there will be a gaming room just for teens in addition to lounge and café-style seating; all patrons can play (or work) in the Spark Studio, and students and professionals can collaborate in study rooms and meeting spaces.
The upstairs will offer a quiet respite from the more well-travelled areas of the building in addition to an increased local history section showcasing the collection. Other enhancements include a welcoming entry; reading terrace, improved and more efficient staff areas, additional parking and greater connections to the outdoors.
In June, look forward to more progress with the expansion and the renovation phase. We are excited about the end result of the project and THANK YOU for your continued patience.
What You Can Expect With The Renovation:
- On Friday, June 7 the Eagle Public Library will open at 12:00pm (instead of 10:00am) as we move the Children's area temporarily to the "tiny library", which will be located in the community room on the first floor. Friday's (June 7) Toddler and Preschool Storytime will be cancelled.
- Staff will be able to assist patrons with placing Children's items on hold if items are unavailable in the "tiny library".
- Children will be able to use the computers on the first and second floor. Chrome books will be available in the Children's "tiny library" per request.
- The Spark Studio will be relocated to the Gypusm Public Library for the summer.
- Seating will be limited.
- There will continue to be construction noise.
What Has Happened So Far:
- A few Non-Fiction shelves have been relocated on the second floor to make room for a temporary wall.
- Computers and printers on the second floor have also been relocated near the Local History collection.
- Magazines and newspapers have been relocated and are available above the audiobooks.
- The Teen collection has been relocated near the lower level temporary wall.
- The second floor Board Room will be the temporary staff work area.
During construction, the west entrance (Broadway St.) is closed. Please park in the north and east parking lots and enter the building through the east entrance. The outdoor book return is also located by the east entrance of the library.
For more information, please contact the Eagle Public Library at 970-328-8800.
Estimated Project Timeline (schedule will be updated as project advances)
Project Start Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- Earth work begins for the expansion on the south lot (7th St. and Broadway St.) through January 2019.
- Concrete work begins January through February.
- Steel and framing for the expansion begins in March.
- Framing for 1st and 2nd floor of the expansion begins in April.
- Renovation phase begins in late May.