The Eagle Valley Library District is breaking ground on an exciting building project!
The Eagle Public Library is undergoing a renovation and expansion that is currently projected to be completed in the fall of 2019. With the expanded space on two stories, there will be something for everyone. Children and their families will enjoy a dedicated area for interactive play and storytimes; there will be a gaming room just for teens in addition to lounge and café-style seating; all patrons can play (or work) in the Spark Studio, and students and professionals can collaborate in study rooms and meeting spaces.
The upstairs will offer a quiet respite from the more well-travelled areas of the building in addition to an increased local history section showcasing the collection. Other enhancements include a welcoming entry; reading terrace, improved and more efficient staff areas, additional parking and greater connections to the outdoors.
We are all excited for the opening of the Eagle Public Library. Due to unforeseen complications there is still construction work to be done. As a result, the Grand Opening Celebration, which was scheduled for Saturday, October 19, is being postponed. We are not setting a new date at this time and we will let the community know about the celebration update as soon as possible.
While we are disappointed about having to reschedule this event, regardless of what date is selected for the celebration, the Eagle Public Library will open to the public as soon as it is ready.
Thank you for your patience as we complete this exciting renovation and expansion. We’re looking forward to offering our community a fabulous library for all to enjoy for many years to come.
There is a small pop-up library located at the west end of the lobby in the Eagle County Building.
What's Available At the Pop-Up Library:
THANK YOU Eagle County for letting us use the space!
Open Mondays - Fridays 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Patrons can pick up holds.
- Patrons are encouraged to use our online catalog to place holds to reserve items.
- Patrons can drop off items.
- The outdoor book return at the library will also be available
- Patrons can use library laptops and access free WiFi provided by the library.
- Patrons can browse a small collection of new items and returned items.
- Seating will be limited.
The Children's team will be offering storytimes around the town of Eagle:
- Thursday, October 3, 10:00 am at Yeti's Grind
- Friday, October 4, 10:00 am at Eagle Climbing+Fitness
- Tuesday, October 8, 10:00 am at Mountain Recreation Ice Rink
- Thursday, October 10, 10:00 am at Yeti's Grind
- Friday, October 11, 10:00 am at Eagle Climbing+Fitness
- Tuesday, October 15, 10:00 am at Mountain Recreation Ice Rink
- Thursday, October 17, 10:00 am at Yeti's Grind
- Friday, October 18, 10:00 am at Eagle Climbing+Fitness
- Tuesday, October 22, 10:00 am at Mountain Recreation Ice Rink
We apologize for any inconvenience. For more information, please contact the Eagle Public Library at 970-328-8800.
Estimated Project Timeline (schedule will be updated as project advances)
- Earth work begins for the expansion on the south lot (7th St. and Broadway St.) through January 2019.
- Concrete work begins January through February.
- Steel and framing for the expansion begins in March.
- Framing for 1st and 2nd floor of the expansion begins in April.
- Renovation phase for the 1st and 2nd floor begins in late May and continues throughout October.
- Completion schedule for late October.