The Eagle Valley Library District is breaking ground on an exciting building project!
The Eagle Public Library is undergoing a renovation and expansion that is currently projected to be completed in the fall of 2019. With the expanded space on two stories, there will be something for everyone. Children and their families will enjoy a dedicated area for interactive play and storytimes; there will be a gaming room just for teens in addition to lounge and café-style seating; all patrons can play (or work) in the Spark Studio, and students and professionals can collaborate in study rooms and meeting spaces.
The upstairs will offer a quiet respite from the more well-travelled areas of the building in addition to an increased local history section showcasing the collection. Other enhancements include a welcoming entry; reading terrace, improved and more efficient staff areas, additional parking and greater connections to the outdoors.
During construction, the west entrance (Broadway St.) will be closed. Please enter the building through the east entrance. The outdoor book return is also located by the east entrance of the library. As the expansion and renovation project advances, portions of the library, and our collection, will be temporarily inaccessible including the book drop. We apologize for any inconvenience. For more information, please contact the Eagle Public Library at 970-328-8800.
- During construction, the west entrance (Broadway St.) will be closed. Please enter the building through the east entrance.
- The outdoor book return is located by the east entrance of the library.
- Programs for children and teens will be held in the Children's Room (until further notice).
- The Teen collection will be moved in February to make room for a temporary wall. The collection will be located near the temporary wall.
Estimated Project Timeline (schedule will be updated as project advances)
Project Start Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- Earth work begins for the expansion on the south lot (7th St. and Broadway St.) through January 2019.
- Concrete work begins January through February.