The Eagle Valley Library District is breaking ground on an exciting building project!
The Eagle Public Library is undergoing a renovation and expansion that is currently projected to be completed in the fall of 2019. With the expanded space on two stories, there will be something for everyone. Children and their families will enjoy a dedicated area for interactive play and storytimes; there will be a gaming room just for teens in addition to lounge and café-style seating; all patrons can play (or work) in the Spark Studio, and students and professionals can collaborate in study rooms and meeting spaces.
The upstairs will offer a quiet respite from the more well-travelled areas of the building in addition to an increased local history section showcasing the collection. Other enhancements include a welcoming entry; reading terrace, improved and more efficient staff areas, additional parking and greater connections to the outdoors.
We're headed into the Final Phase! We are excited about the end result of the project and THANK YOU for your continued patience.
What You Can Expect In August:
On August 12th, the second floor of the library will be closed as part of the renovation phase.
During this time collections located on the second floor will be inaccessible.
Patrons are encouraged to use our online catalog to place holds to reserve items.
- Staff will be able to assist patrons with placing items on hold if items are unavailable.
- Seating will be limited.
- There will continue to be construction noise.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
What's Available On The First Floor:
- New Adult Fiction and the Adult Fiction collection will be available.
- The Teen collection is located near the lower level temporary wall. Teen programming will continue in the community room.
- Patrons will be able to use the computers and print station on the first floor. Chrome books will be available by request.
- The Children's area has been temporarily located in the "tiny library", in the community room on the first floor. Children's programming will continue in the community room.
During construction, the west entrance (Broadway St.) is closed. Please park in the north and east parking lots and enter the building through the east entrance. The outdoor book return is also located by the east entrance of the library. Additionally, the Spark Studio has been relocated to the Gypusm Public Library for the summer.
For more information, please contact the Eagle Public Library at 970-328-8800.
Estimated Project Timeline (schedule will be updated as project advances)
Project Start Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- Earth work begins for the expansion on the south lot (7th St. and Broadway St.) through January 2019.
- Concrete work begins January through February.
- Steel and framing for the expansion begins in March.
- Framing for 1st and 2nd floor of the expansion begins in April.
- Renovation phase begins in late May and continues throughout September.
- Completion in October.