Reading Buddies pairs teen volunteers with younger students for an hour of one-on-one shared reading, once a week. Little Buddies (students in grades 1-3) and Big Buddies (teen mentors in grades 9-12) read together, play reading-based games, and participate in group activities. The purpose of this program is to provide leadership, responsibility, and community service opportunities for high school mentors who help foster a love of reading in elementary school students. You can participate in Reading Buddies at either the Avon or Eagle Public Libraries. Sessions meet once a week for 8 weeks. Sign up today!
2021 Summer Sessions:
- Supplement Little Buddy Activity Packet
This session will take place over video conferencing via Zoom.
Eagle Public Library
Tuesdays, June 15 - August 7
4:00 - 5:00 pm
- This session will be held in person.
Space is limited. For more information or to sign-up please contact:
- Avon Public Library (970) 949-6797 | email@example.com
- Eagle Public Library (970) 328-8800 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gypsum Public Library (970) 528-5080 | email@example.com
Reading Buddies is a partnership between the Eagle Valley Library District and The Literacy Project of Eagle County.