The Eagle Valley Library District is diligently working on expanding services in our library locations guided by information from local health officials and direction from Eagle County. Thank you for your patience, suggestions and support!
- Please don’t come in if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms.
- Wear a face covering while you are in the library.
- Practice social distancing of 6 ft. with other patrons and staff.
- Food or beverages are not allowed inside the buildings at this time.
- Curbside delivery is still available.
Need a library card?
All Eagle Valley Libraries are open for browsing and computer use. Limited seating and computer terminals are available to the public at this time to comply with social distancing protocols.
Avon and Eagle Public Libraries
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Curbside services Monday - Saturday from 10:00am -5:00pm
Gypsum Public Library
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday from 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Saturday from 10:00 - 1:00pm
- Curbside services Monday - Friday from 10:00am - 5:00pm and Saturdays from 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Learn more here about curbside: https://www.evld.org/curbside
- You can send your print job from home to the library's public printers by following these directions linked here. We are also receiving faxes, please call your library for instructions.
Returned Materials & Donations
- Please return all materials in the outside dropbox at each location
- Returned items will reenter circulation after 24 hours. It may take up to 48 hours for your items to clear from your account. No fines will be assessed for that duration.
- Eagle Valley Libraries are accepting donations of books or other materials. Due to COVID, we have made some adjustments to our donation procedures. Please see below:
- Donations are only accepted during library open hours
- Donations need to be in a box or bag and given to staff
- We are accepting one box or bag per household per week due to space restrictions
- Early Literacy Storytimes
- Virtual storytimes on Facebook
- Reading Buddies
- Book Clubs for Teens and Adults via Zoom
- Dungeons & Dragons
- Additional Teen programs are hosted in our Teen Discord room
Digital Collections, Wi-Fi and Hotspots
- Digital collections will remain accessible throughout the closure period.
- Free library Wi-Fi will continue to be available throughout the closure, accessible outside our buildings.
- Are you lacking reliable internet at home or do you need the internet on the go? Now, you can now borrow the internet just like a book! Eagle Valley Libraries offer mobile wireless hotspots for checkout. Mobile hotspots provide 24/7 access to the internet with unlimited data on a fast, secure network (within the Sprint service area). You can use a hotspot to connect a mobile-enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone or tablet, to the internet. The hotspot is portable, so you can connect your device almost wherever you are, like at home, in the park or on the mountain.
- Currently, we will be staffing the buildings Monday - Friday from 10am - 5pm to assist patrons as best we can. You can also call your local library branch or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff will also be available for curbside and phone assistance:
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Eagle Valley Libraries you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Equipment is not disinfected in between each use. We encourage personal responsibility to prevent the spread of COVID-19.