Get a Library Card
Stop by your local branch with a valid picture ID or fill out our online registration form here and then bring a valid picture ID and proof of Colorado residency or property ownership to your local branch and you will be issued a card.
- Students at Eagle County School District schools with parental permission may also use their student ID as a library card. More information about this One Card program may be found here.
- Teachers! We can help. Stop into any of the Eagle Valley Libraries with a photo ID and something identifying your employment at a local school to register for an Eagle Valley Library District Teacher Card. Check out up to 50 items for classroom use with no overdue fines! Teacher Cards are valid throughout the school year.
Borrowing Items from the Library
Patrons with a library card may check out up to 50 items per card and digital items (eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines). Most items such as books, audiobooks, and graphic novels have a three week check out period and are renewable online or by phone twice. DVDs and magazines check out for 1 week and are renewable twice. Eligible items may automatically renew.
The late fine for items is $.10 per day per item.
- Exceptions include:
- No late fines are assessed to children's items.
- Spark Studio items, Library of Things, and Lucky Day Collection are a $1 per day per item.
- State Park Passes are a $9 per day.
The fee for damaged or lost materials is the item's cost and a $5.00 processing fee.
Digital Services at the Library
Wi-Fi is available for free.
Two thirty minute computer sessions (each session is renewable for up to 2 hours if no one is waiting for a computer) are available to patrons with their library barcode and to visitors with a printed guest pass from the front desk.
The library offers digital media for checkout onto various devices with a library card.
Eagle Valley Library District's Policies
The Board of Trustees adopts and oversees the development of the District's policies.
Photocopying, Printing, Faxing, and Scanning
Black and white copies and printing is available for .20 per page. The first 10 pages are free.
Color printing is available for .50 per page.
Sending fax documents is $2.50 for the 10 page pages and $1.00 for each page thereafter.
Receiving faxed documents is $1.50 for the first page and $1.00 for each page thereafter.
Scanning to a USB drive is available. There is no cost to scan to your own USB drive. USB drives may also be purchased from the library for $5.00.